T.I. Breaks Record, Tops Chart

This week, T.I.'s "Whatever You Like" makes an unheard of jump from 71 to 1 after garnishing 205,000 digital downloads. This smashes Maroon 5's record breaking jump from 64 to 1 May 2007 with "Makes Me Wonder". The Beatles held this record for a 26-1 jump of "Can't Buy Me Love" for 38 years until Kelly Clarkson obliterated it when "A Moment Like This" moved 52-1 on the heels of her American Idol victory. Since the record changed hands in 2002, ten songs have bettered the Beatles feat. Meanwhile, Archuleta's "Crush" drops to #15. Big surprise.

1. "Whatever You Like" - T.I.
2. "Disturbia" - Rihanna
3. "Forever" - Chris Brown
4. "I Kissed A Girl" - Katy Perry
5. "Dangerous" - Kardnial Offishall feat. Akon
6. "Paper Planes" - M.I.A.
7. "Viva La Vida" - Coldplay
8. "Closer" - Ne-Yo
9. "So What" - Pink
10. "Take A Bow" - Rihanna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top