Britney Spears Censored

Britney Spears' third single to be lifted from Circus has been announced as the Max Martin crafted "If U Seek Amy". As if the world needs more faux Katy Perry garbage. The song currently sits at #86 on the Hot 100 but runs the risk of being the first Circus track to not make the top ten as the Parents Television Council, apparently not content with patrolling television alone, is cautioning stations against playing the song.

"Love me, hate me, but can't you see what I see? All the boys and all the girls are begging to if u seek Amy" Spears taunts. It's not bad grammer, it's a naughty spelling bee. When the album first hit shelves, one parent was fuming. “I was astonished and totally taken aback when I heard my 5 and 7 year old kids walking around the house singing ‘F-*-*-*’,” said one parent. “When I asked them what it was, they told me it was Britney Spears. I was horrified.” Honestly ma'am, why are you buying your kids a Britney album? Did "I'm A Slave 4 U" not raise any eye brows?

Apparently, DJs are finding ways to air the song and keep the PTC happy. "We're confident the version of the song we air is not crossing any lines," program director Tommy Chuck told Billboard.com, adding that WFLX plays a Jive-created edit of the song that changes "Seek" to "See" as well as a jokey version in which morning host MJ shouts his name every time the word "Amy" appears. Maybe they could just play it backwards. I'll bet there is some subliminal message about putting all your clothes on and staying away from members of the opposite sex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Britney, always up to her shananigans.

Ams4Ever said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

top