Chart Watch: Boom Boom Blah


I like "Let's Get It Started" just as much as the next guy but when I heard "My Humps", I was done with the Black Eyed Peas. They had "jumped the shark" as far as I was concerned. Fergie's ridiculous solo venture didn't help anything and, by the time Will.I.Am was comparing himself to Bob Dylan, I had had enough. Then, two weeks ago, a new BEP song, "Boom Boom Pow", comes out of nowhere and takes over the world. It's been No. 1 for two weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and I hear it everywhere. Everywhere. The lyrics are so stupid. "I'm so 3008, you're so 2000-and late?" Are you kidding me? I heard the song for the 3008th time the other day though and, much to my surprise, I actually liked it. It just goes to show you that if you pump a song through as many channels as you can, eventually people give up and make that song a guilty pleasure. Will.I.Am, let the beat drop...

1. "Boom Boom Pow" - Black Eyed Peas
2. "Pokerface" - Lady Gaga
3. "Right Round" - Flo Rida
4. "Kiss Me Through The Phone" - Soulja Boy
5. "Blame It" - Jamie Foxx feat. T-Pain
6. "Dead And Gone" - T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake
7. "Day And Night" - Kid Cudi
8. "The Climb" - Miley Cyrus
9. "You Found Me" - The Fray
10. "Gives You Hell" - The All-American Rejects

1 comments:

Ams4Ever said...

Boom Boom Pow really now-the only good thing about this song is it has a beat to it...Now I love College by Asher Roth, or Second Chance by ShineDown are so better songs. Keeping it real-thanks for you thoughts.

Post a Comment

top