Kanye Shows Gratitude, Prepares CD/DVD For Release

17 Tracks wasn't the only site to name Kanye West's The College Dropout the best album of the decade. Entertainment Weekly recently named West's debut album the best of the 00s.

The rapper took to his blog to thank E.W. saying,

"Wow...This is really flattering...I've had some ups and downs this year, well actually this decade. Just seeing this cover takes me back to that time of my life. I remember how much pain and love went into this album. No one saw it coming. This project wasn't about me, it was about a time in people's lives where people force opinions on you and you have to make choices for yourself. We loved 50 Cent but we wanted to be the yang. We wanted to wear pink polos and rap about being hurt instead of being invincible...I was most inspired by The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and I listened to that album everyday while working on my debut."

That's a nice step on the road to redemption. West will also be releasing a CD/DVD of his VH1 Storytellers episode in January as a reminder to the world that he's one of the most energetic exciting performers of our time. Here's a clip Kanye performing "Heartless" from the broadcast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top