Christina Aguilera To Come Out of Hibernation

It has been over three years since Christina Aguilera released a studio album, but the singer is finally readying her next release for this March, entitled Bionic.

Aguilera's interview with Marie Claire sheds some light on only her fourth studio album in over a decade.

"I'd get a little weird about it being too cliche. My first record was very cliched pop - what everyone else wanted," she said. Bionic however, "is just about the future - my son in my life, motivating me to want to play and have fun."

Contributors for the album include Australian artist Sia, Goldfrapp, and M.I.A. Aguilera has thrown the words "electronic", "poppy hip-hop", and "addictive" when describing the music.

But seriously girlfriend, you've been around for over ten years and all you have to show for it is three studio albums. Britney Spears put out twice as much in the same time period. To be fair, Spears contributed little to each of her albums (except In The Zone) and most of her music lacks the depth you try to bring to the table, but how relevant are you after being on hiatus for so long? The musical landscape, especially for female pop music, has drastically changed since you tried to bring retro back.

I will give it to her for what I can only assume is spending more time with her 2-year-old son. Family is more important than pop, no matter how catchy it is.

You can read Christina's Marie Claire article here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top