With Host Chelsea Handler, VMAs Earn Best Ratings Since 2002

Chelsea Handler has taken a bit of a beating today for her host performance at last night's Video Music Awards.

The New York Times called it "among the worst in the show's history." And a TV Guide poll shows most people felt "she was bad."

However, with her as host, the VMA's earned their best ratings since 2002.

But whatever. These people obviously don't have a sense of humor. Chelsea was funny.

Other memorable moments include:
  • Every time Gaga spoke. Most especially when she made good on a promise to fans by revealing the title of her next album, due in 2011: Born This Way. Gaga then sang "I'm beautiful in my way, because God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way."
  • When Gaga said, "I never thought I'd be asking Cher to hold my meat purse."
  • Kanye toasting the douchebags, assholes, scumbags and jerk-off's.
  • Cher, just in general.
  • Ursher's DJ Got Us Falling in Love/OMG Medley.
  • Eminem and Rihanna's emotional and amazing "Not Afraid" and "Love the Way You Lie" perfomance. Not so much Rihanna's tutu, red wig and weird boots. But still, amazing songs.
Fashion Hits and Misses:

That's how Sue C's it.

Hit: Ashley Greene looks smokin'
Jason Derulo stays on trend with black on black.
Katy Perry should have worn a shirt.
Ke$ha wore a straight up trash bag. But, she didn't even look that bad.
No, this is ridiculous.
Ay yi yi, Sofia Vergara! We want Modern Family!
BFF's Ursher and J. Bieb
Lady Lamanite. I mean, Gaga.

5 comments:

HesstonsHullabaloo said...

I want that gold feather that Gaga has. I frequently wish I was Gaga and could strut around in ridiculous outfits just for the hell of it.

Also I love Chelsea and her lover Chewy.. did he make it on the show?

J.Bieb is mah boi.

& I can't FREAKIN WAIT for Modern Family & GLEE to start up again. Lets have a party for both of those. haha LOVE

Unknown said...

I've said this a million times, but I wish I was living the life of Chelsea Handler, minus Chewy as a lover.

ajo said...

I think Chelsea was absolutely hilarious. totally made the night THAT much better.

HesstonsHullabaloo said...

So negative on Chewy making an appearance? I need to read the scoop on what all went down at the VMAs. I've been so busy of late.

Chelsea is always hilarious. I love her!

Anonymous said...

First one I have ever watched from start to finish...and I did not like it. I thought that Kanye preformance was pathetic attempt to claim his spot back on the cool list, and the Jersey Shore gang was annoying, and Chelsea was funny. Taylor Swift was amazing, Lady Gaga was Gaga, and Eminem was off the hook love him. And I loved Katy Perry. :) God Bless Always.

Post a Comment

top