Chart Watch: Lady Gaga Scores Second No. 1


Like the wretched Utah winter that never seems to end, Flo Rida's reign atop the Hot 100 with the dreary "Right Round" dragged on for six long weeks. Lady Gaga finally dethroned the two-hit wonder with her own second hit, the electro-clash stomper "Pokerface". Following her first No. 1, "Just Dance", Gaga's back-to-back chart toppers makes her the first artist to have her first two singles go No. 1 since Christina Aguilera ten years ago with "Genie In A Bottle" and "What A Girl Wants". Just a few months ago Aguilera was reported saying that she was "completely unaware of this person" and that she "didn't know if it [Gaga] is a man or a woman". Gaga responded by saying, "[Christina] is such a huge star and if anything I should send her flowers, because a lot of people in America didn't know who I was until that whole thing happened. It really put me on the map in a way." I'm sure Christina is painfully aware of who Lady Gaga now. Here's your top ten.

1. "Poker Face" - Lady Gaga
2. "Right Round" - Flo Rida feat. Kesha
3. "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" - Souljah Boy Tell 'Em feat. Sammie
4. "Dead And Gone" - T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake
5. "Blame It" - Jamie Foxx feat. T-Pain
6. "Gives You Hell" - The All-American Rejects
7. "My Life Would Suck Without You" - Kelly Clarkson
8. "The Climb" - Miley Cyrus
9. "Just Dance" - Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis
10. "Love Sex Magic" - Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake

3 comments:

moo said...

dude did you see her on American Idol?

hun*ter said...

I saw a part of it. Honestly, I've seen about 15 minutes cumulativley of American Idol all year.

Ams4Ever said...

i like both of them-so it is good. You need to youtube her preformance on American Idol-If I was judging on that I would say No way!!! but she is talented. Thanks for your thoughts. And Adam Lambert from American Idol rocks :)

Post a Comment

top