Hayward Proves Valuable to the Utah Jazz


Utah Jazz rookie Gordon Hayward, age 20, dropped 26 points on the Lakers this Sunday, as well as five rebounds and one assist in 32 minutes off the bench. He scored 11 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter to help beat the Los Angeles Lakers 99-94 in an NBA preseason game.

In the Jazz’s 6-0 preseason, he is averaging 9.5 points per game and shooting 43.6 percent.

“A game like tonight just gives you a little confidence,’” Hayward told the Associated Press. “It’s a learning process, and I have a lot to learn from this game. I’m already thinking about what I could have done and what I should have done. It was fun out there tonight. I just wanted to go out there and play hard, don’t think about it and let my instincts take over.”


You might recognize Hayward from Butler, last year's almost-champions in the NCAA tournament.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top