Lady Gaga Passes Britney Spears as Most Followed Person on Twitter

     Pop artist Lady Gaga has recently been crowned the "Queen of Twitter", passing up Britney Spears to become the most followed account on the social networking site.  Spears, who passed up Ashton Kutcher in May for the top spot, became the first person to amass over five million followers.  Lady Gaga currently boasts 5,779,780 followers compared with Britney Spear's 5,717,362.

    Gaga joined Twitter on March 26th, 2008.  Her first post read, “Rehearsing for my video ‘Just Dance’ and am now at WMC to perform at the Armani and Nervous Records party. But I am no nervous record.”

     Since then, the pop artist has posted 447 tweets.  To commemorate her achievement, Lady Gaga posted a video dressed up as the Queen of Twitter (see below).

     Gaga also passed up Barack Obama as the living person with the most fans on Facebookwhen she topped 10 million in July.  Only the late Michael Jackson has more Facebook fans.

1 comments:

HesstonsHullabaloo said...

I loved that video. I never felt more important in my life until Lady Gaga said "remember that I love you & love yourself" after she had blessed us with healthy hands so that we too could continue our own participation in world of tweeting.

...XxMagicalXx...

I have to give a shout out to Brit though... as much as I love Lady Gaga it makes me sad when Brit isn't top dog. I LOVE YOU BRITNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

top